The Rochester Softball Association will manage the 2014 Rochester Summer Softball League with assistance from Rochester Park & Rec. Here a few highlights of the league details:
· Entry Fee - $575. Will all be made in one payment on the RSA website, www.rsasoftball.com
· Each team will be scheduled for 11 regular season games followed by a single-elimination playoff
· Teams will be allowed to hit their own ASA approved softballs. Softballs will be sold at the concessions stand during the season at a discounted price (52/300)
· Tentative league weekly schedule will be: Monday – Co-Ed; Tuesday – Men’s; Wednesday – Men’s & Women’s; Thursday – Men’s & Women’s
· League will begin on Monday, May 5 and end during the week of August 18.
· Make up games will be scheduled during the week of July 4 (Mon-Wed) and/or the week before playoffs (approx. week of Aug 4). Games may also be scheduled to make up on available fields during the regular league weeks.
· Schedule, results and all other league info will be kept on the RSA website, www.rsasoftball.com. Teams will also have the capability to have a team page that can include roster, photos and other team specific information. It can be managed by the team manager.
· Information & Updates will also be shared on the RSA facebook page (www.facebook.com/rochestersoftballassociation) and RSA Twitter Feed (@RSAsoftball)
· Umpires – Umpire-in-Chief will be on-site for all league nights; more opportunities for umpire training will be made available.
Our new Umpire-in-Chief/Field Supervisor will be headed by Brad Tiedeken and Shaun Bauer as the assistant UIC and Field Supervisor. Introductions will follow ASAP. Congratuations Brad & Shaun!!
The RSA has worked very hard since 1992 to bring you, the players, and a larger voice in Rochester softball. We invite your comments and ideas. They will only make our program stronger. Please contact an Officer or Director with concerns, comments or ideas.