RSA CLASSIC POSTPONED
HERE IS THE LETTER THAT I SENT OUT TO EACH OF THE TEAM CONTACTS
I have often said that I trust my weatherman about as much as I trust my politician. The only difference is sincerity. I've seen forecasts go astray even in the few hours leading up to a league night. If I could call them more accurately than my weatherman, I'd be on a beach somewhere with a fancy drink in my hand!
But after mulling over four forecast models, I have decided to postpone the RSA Classic Tournament this weekend. The biggest factors in the decision were:
Saturday's forecast now calls for rain plus anywhere from 2-6 inches of snow (one model shows over 10"), with temps in the mid- to upper-30s.
That kills Saturday.
With any significant amount of rain or snow on Saturday, and overnight lows dipping down to about 25, there will be absolutely no melting or drying of the fields for Sunday. It will remain below freezing until about 9:00 or 10:00, and won't hit 40 until noonish. The fields will be very sloppy.
Unfortunately, that kills Sunday as well.
I am working on contingencies. I am likely to re-schedule for May 18-19, the only available time to get McQuillan in the near future. No one is locked in to re-scheduled dates.
Give me a day or so to confirm the rescheduling of the RSA Classic. If you can play then, obviously your registration and payment is already in. You would have until May 13 to decide.) We also have Summer Smash coming at the end of June. I will start promoting that next week. You would have the option to transfer your registration and payment to Summer Smash. We'll even have the Fall Frenzy in September. If none of the options work for you, I will send a refund. That process will start on Monday. Again, give me a day or two to figure this out.
I'm not sure yet what I'll do with National Qualifiers. Stay tuned.
Thank you for your patience.
SIX (6) NATIONAL QUALIFIERS!
MORE INFO COMING SOON